cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple names and birthdays to one email address

Multiple names and birthdays to one email address

Unable to enter 2 contacts in the same household with different birthdays with the same email address. Is there a way to do that without entering the second one after the first birthday card is sent? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple names and birthdays to one email address

Hello @AnaG58,

Thank you for your inquiry about this. At this time you can only associate one email address per contact. This includes any primary contact fields such as first name, last name, and birthday. As you mentioned, you could update the birthday field after the first one goes out but this is a manual process and you would have to change it back and forth after reach one. I can understand how that might be a cumbersome process. If it's possible for one of the two contacts to provide an alternate email address then you could create a new contact with all the relevant information. 

I will be passing your inquiry to our developers as feedback about being able to include multiple names and birthday information to an individual contact. I apologize for any inconvenience!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

Have there been any updates on this topic. I am having the same problem.

Thanks

CTCT Employee

Hello @StaceyP969,

Thank you for checking on this issue!  We do have a feature request for this still, though there hasn't been any additional workarounds.  If you also are in need of only two dates, you could treat one of the birthdays as the 'anniversary' date, but that birthdays and anniversaries are still the only two fields that can store that kind of information and trigger autoresponders.  I'll add you to the list of people requesting this feature as well.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!