cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Narrow By Tag unavailable

Established Member

Narrow By Tag unavailable

We as a University organization that has multiple users on one CC account are actively looking for ways to ease our interactions with the site. Currently, we have many lists and it can get confusing when sending out email blasts to our alumni and clients. To resolve this, we looked into tagging certain clients under different tags so they could all be under one list but still have certain distinguishable characteristics. This would make the process of sending out our individual campaigns much easier. However, we have over 10,000 contacts in total and the site does not allow us to narrow by tag. We were wondering if there are any other routes we could use to go about sending specific emails to certain groups and simultaneously be able to consolidate the number of lists we have. Thank you. 

Tags (2)
15 REPLIES 15
CTCT Employee

Re: Narrow By Tag unavailable

Hi @PhylissM1

It's good to see you in the Community! Based on your explanation in your post, I can see why having the ability to tag your contacts could help you with segmenting your contacts. 

While we don't have the tags option available for accounts with over 10,000 contacts we do have a new feature available called segments that may give you what you need. Take a look at this article about segments for more info.

Hope this helps!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

We are having the same problem at our organization, and the "segments" do not help this issue at all. We would like to be able to tag interest in certain customized topics, which are not currently available in the Constant Contact profile, and send only to those tags. I thought this was what tags are supposed to be for. Why would the people who need to use them most not be able to use them at all?

Tags (3)

Hi @aace

I apologize for the experience you've had with trying to reach out to contacts based on their interests. Being able to use tags in an account with over 10,000 contacts is not a feature that is currently available. This is a feature request I have tracked in your account and submitted to the appropriate teams. Using segments is a workaround we have suggested because of the ability to create customized lists based on contact details. You can create a custom field in your contacts’ details based on these topics. Once these fields are added you would then create a list through our segment feature based on this detail.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Visitor

I'm having the same issue - 

We want to use tags to work within our lists, but have more than 10,000 contacts, which means we can't use them when connecting the email campaign to the contact list.  The "narrow by tag" option is not there.

We were told we could then utilize the "Quick Send", but when we tried that, the quick send won't send to over 5,000 contacts. 

Please consider lifting the limits on tags - we just got started the Constant Contact and on our third email, we've had to create and upload 3 lists to be tagged separately in order to send 1 email to all needed recipients.  

Help!  Aileen

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @AileenG73,

Thank you for the feedback.  We're currently working on expanding a number of our contact management options, especially the segmentation section.  At the moment, you are absolutely correct, there is no way to use tags when you have more than 10k contacts, you would have to create individual lists.  I'm adding you to the list of people requesting that we expand our tag feature to include those larger lists.  I'm sorry that there's no better workaround at the moment, other than creating a single list, or a segment, instead of being able to use Tags as intended.

Aaron_H

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
All Star

We are having the same issues, more then 10k contacts and no longer possible with the new templates to narrow it down.

Please add us to the list as well requesting an increase of the number to make this work again.

Thanks a lot.

Hi @MistyT4

I can completely understand how helpful it would be to narrow down a large list of contacts. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have from this not being available. In the meantime, this feature request has been submitted in your account.

Frankie.P

All Star

Same problem except we don't have 10,000 subscribers so I'm not sure what's happening on our end. Unfortunate because we just spent hours organizing updating and organizing our tags only to find out they don't provide any real functionality. 

Segments could work, but there's no option to populate the segments based on the tags, so what's the point? 

Tags (3)

Hi @BethF01

I took a look at your account and can see you are still working in our older Legacy Newsletter Email. This narrow by tag feature is only available in our newest Third-Generation Editor. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I would suggest creating an email using the Third-Generation Editor. What are you trying to use tags for that cannot be done through our segments feature? We would be happy to help point you in the right direction.

Frankie.P