Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Narrow By Tag unavailable

Highlighted
All Star

Re: Narrow By Tag unavailable

Hi @Frankie_P,

What we've noticed is, the feature is available with more then 10000 sign ups with the old generation emails.

The feature however is not available with the new generation emails.

That's why I'm keeping those I need to narrow down by tags at the old standards, even through I don't really want that.

It would be nice if with more than 10000 people, it's also available on the new generation templates.

Feature: 1. Choose a list - 2. Narrow it down more with tags.

I hope this makes sense.
Thanks a lot.

Hi @MistyT4

This definitely makes sense! At this time we do not have a time estimate of when this feature will be available in accounts with over 10,000 contacts. This is however a feature request we are collecting feedback on. In fact we have submitted this feedback to our Product Team.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

We too have reached the 10k+ email contact status and would be in a similar situation.  Noticed once we uploaded 'tag function' disappeared please add us to the list of companies who would certainly benefit for having the ability to tag over the utilization of the segmented lists (not so user friendly) to serve the same function.  Thank you.

CTCT Employee

Hey @BeckyP626 ,

I apologize for the inconvenience the limitations of this feature are causing you. I will be submitting this feedback to the right team and I'll be adding you to the list of people who have requested this feature as well!

Jon_G

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

After hours of creating a tagging system, I have discovered that If you use the newer "Newsletter Email" template, you cannot Narrow it Down by tag (as is described by others through this forum); if you use the older "Legacy Newsletter Email" template, you cannot narrow it down by Segment. So setting up Segments INSTEAD of Tags creates the same problem we are in now, just reversed to the other email type. I could create two methods to segment (Tags and Segmenting), but that's totally impractical and time-consuming. If I try to switch to Segmenting, there is no way to include any sort of tagging. Even if I create a custom field, that is only for contact info and doesn't allow me to select all people of a specific custom field.

As such, as long as we continue to use the Legacy Newsletter Email template, we can narrow our list down by tag. We will use this email template for the foreseeable future, and I hope Constant Contact can find a solution to this problem. You are taking away our ability to tag, and offering no working alternative...and the contacts are all set up to easily add tags (not to easily segment) when entering them (set up based on the old system yet you are restricting people from using this system).

Please fix this issue either by allowing us to email all email templates by tags, or by allowing us to add tags to the new Segmenting system. Or, we will have to find another enewsletter provider because our team has wasted so my time on this!

CTCT Employee

Hello @JannaR7,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!  I know that our design team is actively working on improving the segments feature, and feedback like this can help guide our design team to know exactly what it is you're looking for.  We're aware that switching back and forth between the two editors is not ideal, and we're hoping to update the new editor to be usable in all instances, so that there's no reason to even want to switch to the older program.

I do know that when creating a segment, you can choose specific contact details for that segment.  So you could create a segment that only includes people in a certain zip-code, or company for example.  You can also use custom fields for this.  Is there a specific tag combination that you are unable to recreate in your segments?

Aaron_H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.