cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Narrow by Tag

Occasional Contributor

Narrow by Tag

When getting ready to send my e-mail after selecting the e-mail list, the narrow by tag drop down does not work on Chrome. I worked with a rep months ago who told me it was a problem in Chrome and they were trying to fix it. It is not fixed and only works in I.E. - I hate I.E. plus it is being discontinued by microsoft soon. Please fix this in Chrome. Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Narrow by Tag

Hi @AricJ3,

I took a look at your account and don't see this noted as an issue. Do you have another account you could have contacted us from? 

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue. What happens when you click the drop down in Chrome? Does the page freeze or is the menu blank? Can you verify what version of Chrome you are working in so we can do some testing?

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning Hannah!

Well, I have two accounts and I have mentioned it to CC reps when speaking to them from both accounts. The other account is "Top Advisor Coaching".

I am using Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135 m

When you click on the “Narrow it down” button the drop down comes down but does not allow you to select it. I have included a screen shot. You can see that the “Limit by Tag” is black and does not change when hovered over. If you click on it the box just disappears and does nothing.

Limit by tag.JPG

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the details. I've done some digging into this for you. 

I have the exact same version of Chrome and can't replicate this. Can you try launching Chrome in SafeMode/Incognito ? You can do this by holding Ctrl+Shift+N. It will open a new window. 

Once you click the drop down menu you should see this:

2015-05-14_13-04-42.jpg

Have you ever been able to see this and it stopped working or it's never worked?

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It does the exact same thing in an "Incognito" window. It has never worked for me in Chrome and the person I spoke with around six months ago said they have had this problem for a while and she could not get it to work in her Chrome browser either. She told me they were "Working on it". 

Your guess is as good as mine...probably better lol.

Thank you! I think I found the case you are referencing. The known issue mentioned to you in the past only effects Event Invitations. Unfortunately this is still unresolved but there are two workarounds. You can create a new list of just the people with a specific tag to send to or you can create your invite as an email instead. I so see your case is open to have you notified directly when this is resolved!

Hannah M.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for trying. I am aware that I could make each tag a separate list but that is not an effective solution as it takes more time to create each list. As for the second solution I am unclear what you mean since all of my corespondance is in e-mail form, not an invitation. 

Visitor

FYI - I have the same issue and am on Windows 10. Interestingly the TAG works in Microsoft Edge... Just FYI (and I would prefer having it in Chrome)

I am having the same problem as the others - i tried using IE and of course it created more problmes than it fixed.  Firefox worked very well.

Why can't you fix it to work with Chrome?  It's such a pain to change browsers while trying to get your work done in a timely manner.

Thank you

Judi

Hello @HoagClassic

Thank you for reaching out about this issue. I'm sorry you're experiencing this frustration.

After speaking with our advanced technical support team I discovered this is not an issue within Constant Contact itself. The issue presents itself when a setting on the affected user's computer system profile interferes with the browser. This is why not everyone who uses Chrome has this issue. 

Unfortunately because the issue isn't within Constant Contact we are unable to correct it. I sincerely apologize and recommend using another browser or secondary computer (if possible) until the problem is resolved. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.