cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a captcha on signup form.

Re: Captcha needed on web form

Hello @SteveL59,

I can definitely understand the frustration and inconvenience caused by these spambots. I have tracked your request to be able to control captcha on your sign-up form in your account for our developers to see.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Visitor

The lack of protection for such a highly successful platform like Constant Contact makes no sense to me. 

I can't afford machine attacks or having to maunually deleting hundreds of arronous contacts. 

Also the opt in is not an option as it will put the burdon of checking for a real human onto the potential contact which will dramaticly reduce the number of legitmate contact submission. 

There is no research required, just add the captcha option to the form creation tools. 

Constant Contact needs to fix this! 

CTCT Employee

Hello @DavidG8320,

I am sorry that there is not currently an option for a captcha on Constant Contact signup forms. I will absolutely provide this feedback to our product team and will make sure to include all of the information that you provided. We truly appreciate all of your input.

Jordan E
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
CTCT Employee

Re: Need a captcha on signup form.

Hi @C_K,

We're very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this too, and look forward to your follow-up email. As Nick previously mentioned, one method you can use to separate potential spam addresses and legitimate sign-ups is to utilize Confirmed Opt-In. It really helps in cases such as this! In addition, using the Advanced Contacts Search feature is also very helpful when you need to find a "bulk" of contacts or a specific grouping:

2017-06-06_12-39-25.png

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

We are getting the same and need more help.

Hello @MarianneP672,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue as well. I encourage you to send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, any examples of email addresses that appear to be spam, and a description of how you have your current website sign-up form set up (was it built in Constant Contact or a third-party integration?). If you could also make a reference to this post so we know where it originated from.

Additionally, I will say one method users are using to at least try and separate the potential spam addresses from the legitimate addresses is setting up "Confirmed Opt-In." This requires contacts to reply to a confirmation email before they are officially added to the list. It might be worth setting up in the mean time while we investigate this issue.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Visitor

We received over 500 spam signups (user names look like 59a832d526bd6 but they do have real email addresses) in the last thirty days. If Constant Contact does not implement a CAPTCHA or equivalent immediately, we will stop using it. Let me repeat what was said in the original post: in this day and age, there is no excuse for not implementing it

Hello @GenaD80. I apologize that you are getting these spam sign-ups. At this time, if you are using a Constant Contact sign-up form, CAPTCHA will only be activated after 50 sign-ups in a 24 hour period. I encourage you to speak with our Deliverability team who is best equipped to provide you with some steps you can take to prevent these types of sign ups. Here is a link to their phone numbers and hours of operation. In the meantime,  will turn over to your feedback regarding a CAPTCHA feature to the appropriate team. 

Caitlin M.

All Star

So many of us are complaining about this issue, and Constant Contact's constant reply is an apology and a repetition of their refusal to fix it. We are migrating 

Hello @MarianneP672. I understand how having captcha would be beneficial to your business. We listen to all of our customers' feedback about how to improve our product and I have submitted your feedback as well over to the appropriate team.

Caitlin M.