cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a captcha on signup form.

Occasional Organizer

Re: Need a captcha on signup form.

Any update from Constant Contact in response to the captcha request from the community? 

Hi @TimB342

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I am so sorry we do not currently have a CAPTCHA you can add to your sign up form. This is a request I’d be happy to track in your account and submit to the appropriate teams. While we do not have a time estimate of when it will be available, Constant Contact sign up forms will automatically add a CAPTCHA after 50 sign-ups in one day. You can also turn on the Confirmed Opt In feature in your account for a double opt in process for contacts being added on to your lists. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
CTCT Employee

Hello @TimB342

We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. We appreciate your feedback on this matter and we are happy to submit this information to the appropriate teams. Below I have included a response that was made by one of our moderators when this thread was started, it contains more detail about how the sign-up process works. I hope that this helps.

@Nick_S. wrote:

The Constant Contact sign-up form has a built-in captcha that activates if a sign-up form receives more than 50 sign ups in a day. We are tracking feedback on having the ability to turn it on for every potential sign-up. I will make sure to note your interest in this feature within your account so our developers will see it.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

SPAM NAMES IN CONTACT FORM?

First Name and Email are required:

Yet these are the results I'm getting.

58ff76b64c861

Apr 25, 2017 Embedded JMML

It looks like spam because of the first name. Is it and if it is... how to a put a captcha on my form?

Re: SPAM NAMES IN CONTACT FORM?

Hi @ChrisL890,

I'm sorry to hear you are receiving spam sign-ups. Are you using the Constant Contact sign-up form or a third-party integration? If it is a third-party integration it might have an option to add captcha. We are investigating spam/bot sign-ups and are working toward a resolution. I will make sure to track this in your account but any additional information you can provide as far as the number of sign-ups you are receiving and the forms they might be submitting them through would be immensely helpful to our investigation. You can forward any information, along with your username, to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Re: SPAM NAMES IN CONTACT FORM?

I seem to be getting the same thing. I put in 50 names out of 247 Constant Contact sign ups .Glad I googled it before continuing. Looks like all 247 are all spam

All Star

Captcha field on Sign up Form

Truly annoying! It is appearing on EVERY one of our signups now. Is there a way to get rid of it??
Tags (2)

Re: Captcha field on Sign up Form

Hello @PeterB797,

I do apologize for any annoyance this has caused. Are you using the built-in Constant Contact sign-up form? The captcha is only supposed to appear if you receive more than 50 sign-ups in a day. If you are using our built-in sign-up form please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the sign-up form in your account that you're using, and a reference to this post and we can take a look.

If it is a third-party sign-up form we might be limited in our ability to assist and I would encourage you to reach out to the company that created the integration.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Regular Visitor

Hi there, is there a solution to this as we are experiencing the same issues. 

Hello @JimT531. I'm sorry that this is happening to you as well. Are you using a Constant Contact sign-up form that was created in your account? The captcha would only appear after there were 50 sign ups in a 24 hour period and would then reset after the period has expired.

If you are using a third-party sign up form that was created outside of your account, there might not be much we can do, unfortunately, as we did not create the integration. If this is the case, I would suggest contacting the company that created the integration so they can look into the captcha. 

Caitlin M.