Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to cancel account.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Cancelling account

Hi,
I have called a few times recently but no one has gotten back to me. I need to cancel my account after the first month of the free trial.
I am due to be billed on the 23rd November, however it appears to be Thanksgiving in the US? I'm based in Australia and unable to contact you today as no one is in your office. I hope I won't be billed for being one day over the free trial period? This would be very unfair as my calls have not been taken previously and today you are out of the office.

Looking forward to your response.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Re: Cancelling account

Hi @First-NameL60285

Thank you for contacting the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry that you had trouble reaching anyone by phone. Can you send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the numbers and times you called as well as your username and a reference to this post?  I would like to research this further to see why you were unable to contact anyone. Due to account security concerns you do need to reach out to our Billing Department for cancellation. They won't pressure you to stay with us should you not want to and these conversations only take a few minutes or less. If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact! Have a great day! 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

Hi Adrienne,

I did not make a note of the times I called unfortunately, so I will not be able to provide that information.
The time difference between Australia and the US makes it difficult to find an appropriate time to call, however I will try again when you re-open on Monday. However, I'm still very concerned that we'll be billed for a whole extra month for circumstances that are out of my control? Can you confirm whether we will be billed?

Thanks

Hello @First-NameL60285. For your account security, we are not able to discuss your Billing here in the Community. If you are able to contact our Billing team today, they will be able to look into any charges for your account and also assist you with the cancellation. 

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Frequent Visitor

Cancelling my account

I no longer need your services so please cancel my account. Ken Dumminger Dumminger Photo

Re: Cancelling my account

Hi @Fremontphotopro

I'm sorry to hear you want to cancel your account with us! For your account security we do ask that you speak to our Billing Support team directly. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause. These calls take a few minutes or less and allow us to collect valuable customer feedback. Here's a link to the best hours and numbers to reach the Billing team at.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Suspending account

I want to suspend my account. I have tried to call the number given and was left holding on for more than 10 minutes with no idea where I was in the queue. I now wish to cancel my account altogether - without having to spend my valuable time hanging around on the phone. Please can someone contact me to arrange this.
Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Re: Suspending account

Hello @HelenL11,

I'm sorry to hear about the long wait to talk with our billing department. We are sorry to see you go; however, in order to cancel your account you'll need to contact our Billing Support directly. The billing department is available Monday-Friday 8am-8pm EST. You can find Billing department contact information here. A verbal cancellation is required for the process to be completed. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Thank you.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

overbilling

cancelled subscription but your taking money out of my account i need to speak to my lawyer
Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Re: overbilling

Hello @LindseyM886,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re sorry to see you go, but we certainly want to help and make sure charges are stopped for the account. When I took a look at your account I did not see that you’ve spoken to our billing department, however they are the best people to help. Please give them a call (you can find their hours of operation and contact information here) so they can assist with making sure the account is completely canceled and no other charges are made.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Thanks.

-Curtis P

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!