cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to create lists that correspond with Wordpress topics

Regular Visitor

Need to create lists that correspond with Wordpress topics

We wish to create a series of lists based upon the categories of our posts in Wordpress. For example, if we have a dozen categories but they wish to only receive notifications when new posts arrive in the News category then that, along with all subscribers to that list, would receive notice automatically.

We were able to do this previously in  but don't see any clear instructions on how to do it in ConstantContact.

We've already created the lists based upon our category names and have created the inline form for people to select the list(s) they wish to receive emails for.

The missing part is how we establish the automated emails that would email the topic title(s) to them when a new post is created in those respective categories.

Anyone have the step by step for this? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Need to create lists that correspond with Wordpress topics

@GaryD8813

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! The automated emails our system provides are called the Autoresponder Series. The Autoresponder is triggered by newly added contacts to a list, and will send out email campaigns automatically. You can set up several different Autoresponders, and connect them to specific lists. This is generally used for sending initial emails to your newly signed up contacts.

That is the option we have to sending out automated emails. I hope this information helps!

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Taryn, thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with the Autoresponder emails. My question is, can the autoresponder email contain a link to the new post on our website without having to manually insert that into the email?

For clarification, If someone signs up for the Financial list we want the autoresponders to be sent out automatically when a new article is posted on our site in that category and the email they receive will have an excerpt and link from that article so they can open their email, see the notification from us, open it, see the excerpt which includes the title and perhaps the first 50-100 words of the article and a link to the full article which, when clicked on, takes them to the page on our site to read the full article.

When we were previously with  they had a method that allowed us to 'feed' the articles into the newsletter template and they were scheduled to be sent every morning at 5am IF a new article was detected for that list.

Can ConstantContact do the same?

CTCT Employee

@GaryD8813

Thank you for your reply and clarification! Unfortunately we currently do not have a way of automatically pulling a new post link into an Autoresponder email. I do apologize for the inconvenience!

I will certainly submit your feedback to our developers on your behalf. I also encourage you to check out our Feedback area of the Community where you can post any additional feedback you have and chime in with other customers sharing their ideas.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.