cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to export email HTML code

Occasional Visitor

Need to export email HTML code

I'm having trouble finding the export option to get the HTML code from the email I created. Or does it not have one? Is there any way to get this code easily like on Klaviyo.com?
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Need to export email HTML code

Hi @GarethC6

Thanks for reaching out to us!

There is no way to export the HTML code for an entire email in Constant Contact due to the fact that we use propietary code in our templates. However, you are able to retrieve the code block-by-block in your email. Once you're in the edit mode mouse over a block and click the pencil icon to edit, like this: 

html block 1.png

In the edit tool bar there is an area for the HTML code:

html block 2.png

Once you click on that you'll get a little pop-up window that opens to show the HTML code in that block which you can then copy. 

I hope that will assist you!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Honored Contributor

Be aware of the potential CSS issues of doing it that way.

Regular Visitor

Hello, 

In the new version I can't see the html bottom in each block, is there an other way to have the html code?

screen constant contact.PNG

Administrator

Hello @FotosmileI. Thanks for coming into the Community. You are using our third-generation editor to create your emails which does not include access to the HTML for the blocks. It is also against our terms and conditions to use our HTML outside of your account and doing so would result in the termination of your account

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Visitor

I'd like to be able to export my email HTML code as well.

We'd like to be able to post the email as a temporary notification to our clients after they log in to our software. Is there an option to do this?

CTCT Employee

Hi @Brooked56,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry the html code isn't available to export. However, we recommend using the Permanent Email URL which becomes available after you send your email campaign. It's a permanent link to the web version of your email campaign and can be shared on a website, blog, social media post, etc. Just click Campaigns, Status, Sent, and look for the link icon next to the name of the email campaign you want to share:

2017-12-13_12-48-16.png

Then you can copy the URL and paste it within your software for your clients:

2017-12-13_12-54-19.png

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Hello Caitlin, 

In my industry, certain media companies offer access to industry specific contact lists by sending an email we create through their own emailing platform.  Sometimes they require we send HTML code and limit the CSS so enabling that feature in your 3rd generation editor would be very helpful. 

Thanks,

This should be available to all paying customers. I agree with all the others.

Hi @KatM95 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this here in the Community! Though we are always open to ways we can better our user's experience, it is against our terms and conditions to use the HTML from email campaigns in our system outside of your account. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.