cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

New Custom Code editor created scheduling bug

Occasional Contributor

New Custom Code editor created scheduling bug

I've noticed with the newly revamped custom code editor, that I've run into issues with the schedule an email for later feature. For some background, My main office is located on the East coast and I work remotely on the West.

With the new system, when I select a time, say 9/25/ at 9AM, the drop down list automatically puts in the time for 9/25/ at 6AM. Makes sense right? I am three hours behind so it is scheduling it for 6AM my time, 9AM their time. However, whenever I change the minutes, or from AM to PM, it also subtracts another 3 hours. I've run in to issues where I select the day first, and then put in the hour, and when changing minutes and PM/AM the day itself has changed back a day!

Most recently, I had a campaign that needed to go out at 9:30am EDT on 9/25/19, however after picking the day and changing the time, unbeknownst to me, the scheduler changed it to 9:30 AM EDT on 9/24. It's on my for not double checking but the new system is very unintuitive and I feel like this should be needing a fix. I personally know that I need to schedule emails, I need to schedule them 3 hours behind to get it out at the right time on the East coast. I just wanted to provide feedback as this has created some headaches for me.

2 REPLIES 2
CTCT Employee

Re: New Custom Code editor created scheduling bug

Hello @RussellB67,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!  You're absolutely right that this is not functioning quite as designed, and I'm seeing a few other people reporting similar excessive time roll-backs.  I'll add you to the list of people reporting the issue, so our design team can properly see the impact and get this fixed for everyone.  If you run into any other issues, please feel free to let us know so we can track them as well!

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Re: New Custom Code editor created scheduling bug

Hi @RussellB67 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback on this experience. This time change when scheduling an email in our newest custom code editor has been resolved. Feel free to reach out again in the future if there is anything else we can help with in your account in the meantime.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.