cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We had to temporarily close one of our support sites. You may experience a longer than normal wait time when calling into our support center. Remember to check out all of our available support resources including live chat for the quickest response.

New Tool: Insert a Table!

Highlighted

New Tool: Insert a Table!

UPDATED: July2018

The information below only applies 2GE templates. At this time 3GE templates do not have the ability to include tables. As a work around we suggest creating a table outside of Constant Contact and adding a screenshot of your table to the campaign.

-----

You asked for an easier way to insert a table, so starting today you’ve got one! While editing a block you will now see a new icon on the toolbar, the insert table option.

2018-07-03_10-08-25.png

Once clicked the menu functions similar to Word, you highlight the number of rows and columns you would like to insert. Don't worry, you can always add or remove later!

2018-07-03_10-09-47.png

Once you choose the dimensions, the table will drop into the block you are working on. You can click to type in each cell and use tab key to move between them.  

Hover over the table to get a menu for more options. Click the wheel icon to delete the table, edit the alignment, the number of columns and the number of rows. Also, from the menu, click “Table Properties” to see even more options.

2018-07-03_10-10-35.png

From the Table Properties menu, use the General or Advanced panel to control the border, text alignment, padding, and more!

Let us know if you have any questions and share with us what you’ve used a table to display!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
11 REPLIES 11
Occasional Contributor

Re: New Tool: Insert a Table!

My first question is....can you edit a table that is already in a template....for instance...

I will quite often be using all 3 of the Promotion templates and I notice the one with the image of the clothing and shoes in the full image has a table for 3 products to be displayed.....what if I only wanna do two?

Also, is there an option to the borders appear on the outside of each table....think borders in excel tables for instance....

any tips or advice would be apprecaited....thank you in advance

Great questions! 

You can edit an existing table. For example the table below has three columns and three rows. If you needed to change it to two columns, you can from the menu. I've highlighted in the image for you!

4-4-2013 11-52-20 AM.jpg

There are several border options as well. To get to these choices, click on the wheel icon on the table and then click "Table Properties". On the overlay you will see a border area, you have the choice to have no border, an outer border, or an outer and inner border. You will have options for the border color, pixel size and style (solid, dashed, double, etc). 

I found that creating a test table and playing with all these options was a great way to get used to the features. 

Hope this helps!

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Contributor

OKay, I think I get it...except that was for creating a new table, right?

what about altering a table that is in a CTCT template?

like I wanna delete that little rectangle at the top...

CTCTques.jpg

Occasional Contributor

Also, why when I move the the table up (black arrow in image) does it give me a white space? (white arrow is)

CTCTques1.jpg

CTCT Employee

Hi BCasbar,

You are right, you are only able to use that feature to edit tables that you create with the Insert Table button. However the template that you mention has some different blocks that you can add. In the case where you would only want two items, you can add a double promotion block.

In regards to the white space at the bottom of the block that is caused by some padding around the table in the html code.

Deanne Perry
Occasional Contributor

How can I fix the padding? still need to know this

Can I remove a portion of the table in a template table?  I got this portion....

CTCT Employee

Hi Vanessa,

This can  definitely be done. However, it would need to be done in the HTML code of the block. This does require a good working knowledge of how to edit HTML. What I would recommend is using a new block such as the contact info block which does not contain padding and building a new table with our Insert table feature.

Deanne Perry
Occasional Contributor

Thank you all 3 of you! I got it!! I changed padding-bottom to 0px and it worked!

Thank YOU!!!!!

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!