cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some of our customers are experiencing difficulty logging in. We are aware of this issue and are working on resolving it as quickly as we can. Check our status page for updates

New editing interface is terrible! How can I...

Occasional Contributor

Re: New editing interface is terrible! How can I...

Adding my two cents. I NEED to make some minor tweaks to keep my client's email on brand without having two completely hand write code. Please allow some html code access. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @TriciaB78,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It will be my pleasure to assist today.

I did see one of your previous posts, but also wanted to add-on to this one.

I can definitely understand how beneficial it would be to have the HTML access within the editor. What tweaks exactly are you trying to accomplish via the HTML access? If you would be able to pass along some examples, that would be extremely helpful for the correct team to be able to review. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience the lack of HTML access has caused. Your feedback will definitely be passed along and tracked in your account. If you happen to have any further questions or ideas, please feel free to pass them along to us.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Contributor

for starters:

controlling corner rounding, padding amount, insets on buttons and other elements so that I can make them on brand and still have html text

using fonts from typekit

putting html text over an image

controlling exact size and placement of an image so I can get two things to line up

CTCT Employee

Hi @TriciaB78,

Thank you for replying back to us and providing this information! I can definitely understand how beneficial and efficient it would be to have HTML access to make these minor changes. I have tracked the request to your account and have provided our developers with the specifics as to why the request is being made as well.

I want to touch on a few of the reasons for the request of HTML. In regards to custom fonts, we don't allow them because of the lack of compatibility they can have with different email clients. It would not be ideal to include font types that are not supported in a wide range of email clients and devices. For inserting text over an image, we do have an image editor tool that allows you insert a text over an image. This can be used for now as a workaround since there is currently no option to do this through the HTML.

You posted this elsewhere within the Community, but as a workaround for the button customization inquiry, you can navigate through different websites that provide tools and allow you to create buttons as images. You can then upload those buttons within the editor and link them with the required URL's. 

I do apologize once again for not having the ability to perform these functionalities through HTML, but let us know if you need assistance with anything else and please reach out to us with any great feedback or suggestions that you may have! Thank you!

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

Wow, this new interface is terrible.

Discounting even common practices of 2019, I think the complaints in this thread run deeper.
Ground level editor tools that control simple HTML 4.01 things like:

- Adjusting an image's horizontal alignment -- gone.

- Padding on a button -- gone

- making a table (a simple one) -- gone

- making a border box -- gone.

- minute adjustments to HTML  -- gone.

We may as well have (c) 2006 forced into our email footers because that's about how far back in time this editor pushes us in terms of editability. And this is being generous.

-Mike

Highlighted

Hi @AdamR770 

Thank you for sharing this feedback on our editing system. I would however like to point out our newest image editing system does still allow you to adjust an image's horizontal alignment.

2019-02-25_12-44-03.png2019-02-25_12-44-29.png

Then for the buttons in your emails - while we do not have the option to add padding on a button, have you tried placing a spacer block above or below it? You can add a spacer block then customize how big the block. I also would like to apologize our table feature has not been carried over to our newest editor. Is there anything a 5 column layout will not work for in replacement of a table? As a workaround we suggest creating a screenshot of the table and add to the campaign.

We do however offer the option to insert sections into your email with or without a border. In fact we offer layout blocks under the the Build tab with borders around them.

2019-02-25_12-47-18.png

On the other hand, while we're not currently looking to incorporate HTML access to the editor, we are working to add features that would accomplish these similar goals. Is there anything that you are looking to do through HTML that you have not previously mentioned in this post? We are always open to ways to better our user's experience and can submit these ideas to the appropriate teams.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!