cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsletter Delivery timing

Newsletter Delivery timing

Good morning,

I was wondering, if anybody could help me with my request.

Our Newsletters are sent through Constant Contacts. They are being sent in batches which are

1) Too large

2) Very close in time.

The result is that our customers all coming at once and causing our server to go down each time we sent a newsletter for the last few weeks. We don't seem to have control over these 2 factors.

Is it possible to:

• Sent out newsletters in smaller batches
  • More spaced in time, so the visits are more spread over e.g. 1 hours, instead of a few minutes

Could you please let me know if this is possible & what we need to do?

I have tried to contact customer service on many occasions, thru different emails, chat rooms, but no respond so far.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Newsletter Delivery timing

Hello @Naturisimo,

Thank you for bringing this to the Community. I did review your account and saw that you were able to reach our Chat support for assistance and they were able to offer a workaround for what you were looking to do. Just in case someone else comes across this post I'll reiterate what the workaround is.

The system is designed to send the email out at the designated time to the number of contacts in the list(s) selected. There is no way to stagger the release of the email to the contacts on a list over a period of time. However, you can break the contact list into multiple lists (possibly given a name based on what order you will send to them). The email campaign will have to be copied multiple times to account for the number of lists you create. But this will give you more control over when the email is received and hopefully relieve stress on your server.

As the agent you spoke with offered, I will make sure to relay your request as feedback to our developers.

I do want to make sure you get the best and most up-to-date information and after reviewing the transcript with the agent you worked with I wanted to clear up some misinformation. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

We do have U.K. and international numbers! They can be found here.

We do not offer email support any longer. I know the Chat agent provided you with a support address but it is no longer monitored. The link I provided above also details the various methods of support we offer, including phone and social media support.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.