cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsletter too wide

Regular Visitor

Newsletter too wide

Ever since I paid for the template to make my newsletters more compatitble with phones I keep getting complaints that my newsletters are too wide for computer screens.  I've tried reducing photo sizes to 600 width but that hasn't helped.  What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

Re: Newsletter too wide

If CTCT charged for your them they should be making responsive design templates that should work in most major clients with correct fallbacks when they encounter issues.

Did CTCT make them?  If you don't mind, how much were you charged by the way ?

Hello @BarbraO. I'm so sorry that your template is not appearing correctly! I would like to look more into this to find out exactly what is causing this. Which email are you experiencing this with? I can create a copy of that email and see if I can correct the issue for you. If you do not feel comfortable giving this information publically, you may email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the name of the email and a reference to this post.

Although you are bringing in appropriately sized images, there still could be something going on with some text that is causing the email to stretch. This can especially happen if you copy/paste text from either Word or a web page that brings over some hidden formatting. Please let us know which route you would like to take so we can continue to assist you.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Organizer

I have the same problem. Only the templates are too wide before I even begin working with them. 

Have you corrected this? thank

CTCT Employee

Hi @RyanJ28,

I'm sorry the email templates you're working with are too wide. As Caitlin previously explained, stretching can be caused by several things such as the width of an image, a link that's too long, text that has been copied/pasted from another source and contains unusual formatting, etc. We're happy to check into this for you if you'd like to send us an email at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the names of the email campaigns you are experiencing this with. 

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.