cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Number of Contacts - All and Active

Number of Contacts - All and Active

One list contains 3792 contacts. Second list contains 16. Total 3808. However the "All contacts" list is 5124 and the Active contact list is 4925. Who and where are these other contacts?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Number of Contacts

Hello @BarbM31. I see that you contacted our Support team shortly after posting here in the Community and I hope that they were able to assist you. I wanted to answer you here as well in case another member of the Community had a similar question. 

Active contacts are any contacts who have an email address on file and are able to send emails to. These are the contacts that your billing is based on. You said that your list had a lower number than the total active amount. What could have happened is that there are contacts in your account who were not part of a list and therefore not receiving your emails. You can search for these contacts by doing an Advanced Search and using the parameters in the screenshot below. From there you can delete those contacts or add them to a list.

advancedsearchlistblank.png

All Contacts includes active contacts, unsubscribes, no permissions set and contacts who do not have an email address. This is an overall view of your contacts but you are only billed for the active contacts.

I hope that this was able to clear up the confusion a bit. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

I tried using this advanced search as shown in the image and it pulled up my list of "all" contacts, not those whose list is blank. Is there another way to do this that works?

CTCT Employee

Hi @KathyCaseyatBethel,

I'm glad you reached out about using the Advanced Search function! Just make sure you set the first drop-down to "List" and the second drop-down to "is blank":

2017-11-22_13-37-13.png

That will narrow the search for any contacts in your account who aren't assigned to an email list.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.