cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of active contacts doesn't change when I remove contacts from all lists

CFI

Number of active contacts doesn't change when I remove contacts from all lists

Hi everyone,

We're just doing some long overdue contact management, trying to get our number of "active contacts" down to a more realistic number given our email activity.

However, even though we've removed a whole bunch of contacts from all email lists, the number of active contacts does not change. Should we expect a lag? Is that everyone else's experience? 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Number of active contacts doesn't change when I remove contacts from all lists

Hello @CFI,

I actually saw your message about this on Twitter first this morning, but I wanted to include my response here as well in case you miss that! Depending on how you removed those contacts, you could have taken those contacts off of a list without actually deleting them. I'd recommend doing a search of contacts that aren't on any list and deleting those. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.