cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opt-In Contact List Confirmation Date

SOLVED
All Star

Opt-In Contact List Confirmation Date

I am exporting a list for a timestamp of opt-in (GDPR compliance) and in the advanced list options include 

• Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 11.34.27 AM.png

When I export the list - the "Date of confirmed opt-in" is not listed in my excel sheet. Any recommendations? 

4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: Opt-In Contact List Confirmation Date

Hey @TVBS,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I would be happy to explain this issue. So that particular column is only turned on/used when you send out one of our GDPR templates to your contacts and they click to confirm their desire to get your emails. It doesn't pull the information for when a contact filled out a sign up form or any other method to get on your contact list. I apologize for the confusion with that column! Please let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Hi Desi, 

Thanks for your response! 

So I've sent out a Constant Contact GDPR template, and have been sending test emails. 

The test person would click the button to sign up for emails or 'opt-in', and fill out the form. 

I pull the contact list and they've been added to that email list for that campaign, and I'm still not getting that 'opt-in' date column. 

Is that not the proper way of 'opting in'? 

Sarah

Tags (3)
Highlighted
All Star

Or can they only be current contacts - and then they'll get the opt-in column after updating the form

Tags (3)

Hi @TVBS

Thank you for sharing these details. I have taken a look at your campaigns can see the opt-in button is actually connected to our Join-My-Mailing List form. Is this a template you have created yourself? The GDPR templates we offer do not connect to a form. Instead clicking “Yes, continue sending me emails” will bring you to a confirmation page.

2019-01-29_17-58-55.png

I would suggest double-checking the template you are using. Once you have switched over to one of these templates, contacts who click on the yes button with be given this opt-in confirmation date.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.