cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are experiencing an issue where their opens and click through reporting are not updating properly. We are working to fix this as soon as possible.

Opt In for Existing Users to a New List

Opt In for Existing Users to a New List

Hi, I couldn't find any information on whether what I want to do is possible on the site. We want to send out an email to members of a current list asking them if they want to opt in to a new list. Basically what I want is for them to click on the button on the email that takes them to a sign up form where they only either have to check a box or enter just their email and all of their info from the current contact list will be added to this new list. I did find how to set up an update profile landing page, but the problem with that is after the user goes to the sign up form, they then get an email asking them to confirm, update profile, etc. and we just want to make this as simple as possible - i.e. click on the button, confirm opt in, and done! Is this something that we can do?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
CTCT Employee

Re: Opt In for Existing Users to a New List

HI @ShelleyF3!

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community.  I’d be happy to assist you today.

What a great question!  We happen to have just implemented a function to do that very thing, it is called Click Segmentation.  You can now create segmented contact lists based on what links, buttons, or images a contact clicks on in your email campaign!  You simply choose the Enable Click Segmentation checkbox when inserting a link and supply the contact list name you would like them to be added to. 

Here is a helpful link to a tutorial about using click segmentation in an email.

If you have any further issues or questions please feel free to reach out to us. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!