cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook App Issue: Emails rejected as "invalid"

Occasional Contributor

Outlook App Issue: Emails rejected as "invalid"

Hi there,

I just installed this app and was able to get a few addresses to upload. However, I am finding that many other addresses are not uploading due to CC saying there is no valid email address. This statement is inaccurate as all of the contacts are part of my work Contact List and all have working email addreses. Here is the message I get:

Success! 0 contact(s) were uploaded or updated. Log in to your Constant Contact account to view the new contacts.

*Note: (1) Outlook Contact(s) lacked a valid email address. Constant Contact doesn't accept these contacts."

NOTE: The addresses were copied into Outlook from my corporate Address Book. I then grouped them into categories and now expect to upload all of the sales staff at once to CC using the app. However, whether I try to upload 169 addresses or 1 address, I get the same error.

Please advise - thanks.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Outlook App Issue: Emails rejected as "invalid"

Hello @bfs. I apologize for the trouble that you are having with uploading your contacts from Outlook. I first want to verify that you have met the requirements for using our plugin which is having Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016 and also using Windows 7, 8, or 10. Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it?

We do have a specialized team that works with the Constant Contact for Outlook plugin and they would be able to further assist you with this if you do meet the requirements and you have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. You can contact our Support team at the numbers and hours listed here

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.