cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook app optimization

SOLVED
Highlighted

Outlook app optimization

I recently switched to a newer CC template for a weekly newsletter and I have received feedback that it doesn't optimize for mobile devices when Outlook users read the email via the Outlook app. Additionally, if the user has set the device to display text at a larger size, the text breaks at odd points. Is this something CC is aware of? Thank you.

CC_outlookapp.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
CTCT Employee

Re: Outlook app optimization

Hello @WilmingtonMontessori,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!  We are aware that most mobile email clients will resize text and images to better fit that smaller screen.  The system is designed to work along-side those changes, but sometimes issues like what you're seeing in that image do happen.  We've found that 14 to 16px text is best for the email body and 22px text is good for headlines.  When using larger text, especially larger text with slightly longer words, you can end up with some unusual spacing issues.  Those line-breaks should only get inserted in the middle of a word, if the word itself at it's current size is too large to fit on a single line.  Unfortunately there's no way to predict what settings your recipients might have, so there's not a way to avoid this ahead of time, other than to keep those text sizes slightly smaller.

Aaron_H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Re: Outlook app optimization

Thanks for your reply, Aaron. This isn't a great solution, as the larger text works better for the overall design/hierarchy of information, but we'll try a smaller font size as a workaround. Unfortunately there is a big difference between font sizes at this level, so you can't just drop it down a few sizes for a better fit - it will be significantly smaller. It's something Constant Contact might want to explore further - either resolving the larger text issue for mobile or offering more font size options (so we don't have to jump from 48pt to 36pt, for instance). 

Thanks,

Judith