cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook has detected an unsafe link

SOLVED

Outlook has detected an unsafe link

I sent a Constant Contact message yesterday, and it appears that Outlook 2016 and Outlook online are treating all the links in the message as unsafe. Office 365 has no problem; neither does Outlook 2010. Anyone else had this happen? Have only checked a few accounts, so maybe it's limited. Thanks, Lorraine Doering

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Outlook has detected an unsafe link

@LorraineD2

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I apologize you are getting messages about unsafe links within the email campaign you sent. Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the email you sent, and a reference to this post and we will investigate further!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
All Star

I think this issue belongs to Constant Contact.  Outlook/Microsoft has started enforcing ATP (Advanced Threat Protection) in their consumer releases, and now, any Constant Contact link I open from within Outlook IOS and Windows are flagged as unsafe.  It seems Constant Contact needs to establish a Safelinks protocol. It appears other direct-mail engines have.

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hello @SteveB155,

We appreciate your feedback on this matter and we will be sure to submit this to the appropriate team. We are happy to send you an update as well if you would like to send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and a reference to this post.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

I think the issue is resolved. It has not happened again. Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hello @LorraineD2,

That is great to hear! We will update everyone as we are notified by Microsoft that a permanent fix has been put into place.

Amber_L

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.