cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

PLEASE let us go back to 2nd edition

Highlighted

PLEASE let us go back to 2nd edition

I've never seen such an enormous leap backward in product development. This is awful. I can't do anything I used to do well and I've used CC for several different clients over the past 10+ years. Specifically I NEED to be able to insert as many photos as I want in a text box.  I'm 24 hours away from bagging CC entirely and finding another platform.Is there any way we can have the option to go back to the second edition??????

7 REPLIES 7
CTCT Employee

Re: PLEASE let us go back to 2nd edition

Hello @KatieA48,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the Third Generation Editor and we appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to submit your feedback to the appropriate department.

Constant Contact is upgrading every account to the new editing experience and there are no options to move back to the legacy system. However, if you would like to use the legacy version of the Constant Contact editing experience you are welcome to copy a campaign that has been created before the upgrade. This will allow you to use the Second Generation Editor to make changes to that template.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Frequent Visitor

I agree.  I have used CC for several years and the 3rd generation is simply terrible.  It is not only difficult to understand, it is not as functional such as not having table capability and bookmarks.  Let the user decide how long an email should be and not someone in your company that says the best emails are 20 lines or less.  I am considering changing to another email company.

Jim Freeman

Friends of the Dunwoody Library

Hello @JimF954,

Thank you for joining the conversation and providing your perspective on the Third Generation Editor. I appreciate the specific feedback you gave, such as the new editor not including table functionality or bookmarks (correct me if I'm wrong, but are you referring to anchor links?).

I can speak more easily about the bookmarks (anchor links). Many email clients have retired anchor link functionality, such as the Apple Mail app, which played a role in not having the feature included in the Third Generation Editor. If email clients were to bring the feature back, it is something we would consider to implement in the future. I'll still pass your concern to our developers so that we continue to monitor interest in this feature internally.

The new editor was designed with mobile in mind. The table feature as it was in the previous editor was not mobile friendly and would actually break the responsiveness of second-generation templates it was included in. That does not mean there isn't the potential for it to be included in the new editor, but it would have to work with mobile responsive and across multiple phone types and email clients. It is a feature our developers are collecting feedback on so I will make sure to forward this to them as well.

In the meantime, I recommend using a Read More block instead of an anchor link or Table of Contents. You could also create an image thumbnail of a table that links off to a PDF or Excel file.

We do not want to see you go as a customer and if you could elaborate on what other difficulties you might have with the Third Generation Editor, I would be happy to try and address them as best I can. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Developer

Me too!
We've sent a weekly email newsletter message to our folks for over 10 years using the same consistent appearance. It's important to us that our followers are familiar with the appearance of the message.

Hi @GranPaSmurf 

I apologize, at this time we are not switching users back to our older Second Generation Editor. With that being said, we are always open to ways we can better our user's experience. What features are you looking for that are not yet available in our Third Generation Editor? I have taken a look at campaigns in your account and can see you're using a side column email. Templates with columns like this do not always display correct on a mobile device. We do however know how important branding is. The good news is even in our new editor you can recreate an email to keep the same colors and logo.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Third generation is no improvement. The lack of access to html makes it impossible to fix errors made by the program.  A bit strep backward.

CTCT Employee

Hello @SteveM25171,

We completely understand why you would like access to the HTML code in your editor. If you are experiencing errors in your Third-Generation templates, you can always reach out to us and we can assist you with fixing those errors. It is an extremely user friendly and mobile responsive software and having access to HTML code was causing formatting issues in our past Second-Generation templates. We do appreciate your feedback on this, and I am more than happy to track it on your account! Thank you and have a wonderful day. 

Zoe H.