cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Anchor Links not working on Mac products anymore

All Star

Page Anchor Links not working on Mac products anymore

The fact that anchor links do not work on mac products is making me want to look for other newsletter programs. I have been with you guys for a long time now and do not want to change. 99% of my clients are mac users. What can be done about this issue?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Page Anchor Links not working on Mac products anymore

Hello @AnnetteA55. Thank you for posting in the Community. We understand how important it is to be able to have your email look and function the way you want it to for all of your contacts. With a feature like anchor links, we do not have any control over how different email clients support these aspects of emails. There are many email clients that no longer support anchor links, including iOS devices. For more information on the different features email clients support, take a look here. I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. Here at Constant Contact, we are always working to find ways to help with this as much as we can. If there are any changes with how the different email clients support this feature, we will definitely be looking into it.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

I am looking for another marketing program too.  The anchors do not work on iPhone, iPad or even just AOL on my Mac at home.  But the reason I feel I should go elsewhere is that CC is a very expensive service for my small nonprofit.  Then when I ask for technical support (which we've well paid for in advance), the representative's first reply is always to sell me a design template for the sale price of $79 (down from $99).  I'm sorry:  I just wanted to fix my anchors, not buy something.

I am probably going to take out the "Quick Links," or anchors so it won't be frustrating to our subscribers.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @PawPAC,

So sorry you are running into issues with the anchor links. Unfortunately, there is very limited support for anchors in email anymore.  Almost every mobile email client no longer has support for it, and almost half of the most commonly used email clients are mobile.

Thank you for your feedback about the interaction with the support folks.  We do make recommendations of available tools and products we think will help you save time, look professional, and increase your contact engagement.  They are not mandatory, and we understand you must be mindful of costs.  We'd be happy to get your concerns to the right people so your interactions with us can be reviewed.

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.