cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Pass all the SPAM test but my emails go to clients SPAM folders.

Frequent Visitor

Pass all the SPAM test but my emails go to clients SPAM folders.

I have been collecting emails of my clients for 16 years. I am a small business and have a large email base. Recently my emails are going to spam--these are clients that I regularly see. I've performed mail-tester tests on my email campaigns and receive a 10/10 score which is super. I can't contact individual ISP providers with individual emails and have them remove my business from a black-list, I'd need a huge staff to perform this. Any ideas on what to do?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Pass all the SPAM test but my emails go to clients SPAM folders.

Hi @GlendaK 

I apologize your emails are not being properly delivered. For the contacts this is happening with, do they have the same domain? Though you mentioned being unable to contact individual ISP providers, having your contacts whitelisting Constant Contact in their security settings is always a great step. Another troubleshooting step we would suggest is sending a blank test or even a copy of your email with an altered subject line. Taking these steps allow you to see if emails are not delivered due to your email content or subject line. A test of your most recent email did successfully deliver to my inbox. So please let us know if your contacts are able to receive this blank test!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Frequent Visitor

I don't think sending an email to my contacts asking them to "white list" constant contact will be helpful since even this "email" will go to spam.  People don't look in their spam unless they are expecting an email they didn't get.

As far as providers, gmail is a common mail host for my subscribers.  Should I contact google? 

Hi @GlendaK 

I apologize for any confusion my previous response may have caused. Whitelisting is just one of the many steps we suggest for troubleshooting. Whitelisting in security settings, or even adding email addresses to a "safe sender" list in their email client helps to prevent emails from ending up in the spam folder. 

There are a few more details and troubleshoot steps we suggested as well. For instance, do these contacts have the same domain? Were they able to receive the blank test with an altered subject line sent from your account? Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the following details:

• Name of your campaign
  • Examples of contacts who did not receive these emails
  • Name of any running security programs
  • If contacts were able to receive blank tests

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.