cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass form email address parameter from external form to Constant Contact news signup form

Occasional Organizer

Pass form email address parameter from external form to Constant Contact news signup form

I searched through the Community and other help topics and I cannot seem to find anything related to the question I have.

My specific scenario is this:  We have a WordPress website and we use NinjaForms for our brochure request form.  When someone submits a brochure request, they go to a thank you landing page and on that "success" page I'd like to encourage people to sign up for our newsletter, through Constant Contact.

I'd like to take the email field they filled out on the Request form and have that email auto-populate Constant Contact's email address field.

NinjaForms has the ability for me to set a key value and assign it a field as a parameter, and then allows me to include this information on the redirect URL. In NinjaForms, the key={field:email}.

What I then want to do is have the Constant Contact email field value element filled out with something like: $_POST["key"]

In the old days, I'd be able to create my own CC html form and set the field value to the passed parameter, but with the 3rd Gen editor, I cannot figure out how to get behind the scenes and do this.

How do I include a POSTed email address value and have it pre-fill out the email field in Constant Contact's form?  Is this even possible?  For our web user's experience, I hope so...

Thanks in advance!

Alisa

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Pass form email address parameter from external form to Constant Contact news signup form

Hi @AlisaM51

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. The details you included in your post definitely helped us understand what you are trying to accomplish through your forms. With that being said, I apologize this is not a built in feature of our standard sign up forms. However this may be possible with a custom API integration. If you are interested in creating a custom API integration, I would suggest taking a look at the articles in our Help Center or reaching out to our  Developer Community.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Organizer

Re: Pass form email address parameter from external form to Constant Contact news signup form

Thank you for the reply!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!