cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently remove (delete) an email

SOLVED
Frequent Visitor

Permanently remove (delete) an email

Is there a way to permanently remove (delete) an email that has been sent so it can't be restored?

23 REPLIES 23
Advisor

Re: Permanently remove (delete) an email

UPDATED: AUGUST 2018

Currently, there is no way to permanently delete email campaigns from your account, but thanks very much for letting us know that you would make use of this feature!

I have associated your account to this request with our engineers.  We greatly value your feedback and recommendations as they are used to help us improve the product in future updates!

Brandon Dautrich
Constant Contact Customer Support
Frequent Visitor

We also have need of this feature - particularly useful when there is erroneous info in the email and you want to prevent additional opens.

Tags (1)
Occasional Visitor

I gather no one has decided to move on this, to make it possible to delete emails permanently? 

cjf

Honored Contributor

Hello,

Currently we do not have a way to permanently delete the emails within your account that you have created.

Thank you for your feedback.

Occasional Visitor

Has this issue been resolved?  Is there (or will there be in the near future) a way to permanently remove (delete) an email from the deleted folder?

Thanks

Linda

Hi Diane,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Currently there is not a way to delete and email from the trash folder but if you are worried about the information in the email you could always delete all of the blocks and re-save the email.

I'll add your feedback to this suggestion!

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

My company has a need for this feature as well. With the recent issue with Photobucket images we had to do workarounds and drop replacement emails into all 100+ of our managed partner accounts. That change was reversed, and we now have over 20 email templates that need to be deleted permanently.

Most sites have a permanent delete function with a pop-up disclaimer saying something like "Are you sure? This action cannot be undone!" Why doesn't Constant Contact have this, especially when it seems to be highly requested?

Thanks.

HI,

Thanks for adding your thoughts. I'm happy to include them in the feedback on this idea. While we don't have this feature to ensure nothing is deleted that shouldn't be, I can understand how it would be helpful. A workaround that has worked for some is to create an additonal folder for these emails so they remain there instead of being mixed up with active templates.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

I cannot delete old logos and other images that are part of old emails...would like to delete both but cannot do so until I can delete old emails.

Frustrating.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!