cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalized Subject line

Occasional Advisor

Personalized Subject line

I am attempting to add contact name to a subject line using a 3rd gen email/editor. I have not have any sucess. When I view contact details the first name is "First name". However, the contact properites show FIRSTNAME as the first name field. Nothing seems to work. Please help.

Tried: [ [First_name or " " ] ] - you are important to us!

[ [Contact.First_name or " " ] ] - you are important to us!

[ [Firstname or " " ] ] - you are important to us!

[ [Custom.First_Name or " " ] ] - you are important to us!

Too numerous to add here. Please help is you have had sucess.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: Personalized Subject line

Hello @ksmith,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can definitely understand how important it is to personalize your emails through your subject line. If you are trying to use the First name to personalize your email, you will want to do the following:

Example: Hello [[FIRSTNAME or ''fallback text'']] - you are important to us!

Note that the contact field is in all caps and all together. You will need to follow the same steps for other contact fields as well.

Example: Hello Mr/Mrs. [[LASTNAME or ''fallback text'']] - you are important to us!

We also have an article that can assist you with other contact fields as well. Click here to view that article.

Keep in mind that when using any sort of personalization, they will only show in a live send. So if you are first trying to test it, I would suggest to make a list with just yourself inside of that list and schedule an email to yourself with the subject personalization included. Please let us know if this helps you with the personalization.

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your quick response. I will try again using your suggestions.

Hi @ksmith

You're very welcome! I'm glad we could help you add this touch of personalization to your emails. Please let us know if this workaround we have provided works for you. We're always here to help if you have any further question.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hi @ksmith

You previously reached out asking for help with how to personalize your subject line. I wanted to reach back out to follow-up on recent updates we've made. We now have a feature that allows you to personalize the subject line of your emails! You can click here to see how to use this subject line personalization feature.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.