cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor image quality

SOLVED
Highlighted

Poor image quality

Whenever I upload jpegs, even if they are at 72 dpi and the exact pixels of the space, they upload very compressed/blurry. The image files are small (about 50 kb). I have started using only png files since those come in crisp, however, those upload much duller in color than the original file.
12 REPLIES 12
CTCT Employee

Re: Poor image quality

UPDATED: March 2018

Hello @diRosaP

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Below are very helpful FAQs on how to prepare images for upload into Constant Contact.

Prepare images for upload

Set up images for success in an email or invitation

I hope this is helpful to you !

Lenszie V.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Hi, I wasn't able to get anything from this response. I read all of the directions and my image is still a bit pixelated and definitely bland of its natural color. Can you suggest other tips?

UPDATED: March 2018

Hello @EllenT88. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your image quality. 

• Have you uploaded your image as preferably a PNG or a JPG?
  • Is your image at most 600 pixels wide?
  • If your image editor has an option to "Save for Web & Devices" or to "Optimize" the image, can you choose a resolution that shrinks the image's file size to less than 5MB?

You can also read more about how to prepare images for upload by clicking here

Let us know if these tips help you out.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

We struggled with the same in regards to poor image quality. Constant Contact recommends your image be 600-650pxls in width at 72 dpi - png. We found that a 800 pxls at 72 dpi png worked best.

Hi @Unad5

Thank you for sharing what worked best with your images! I apologize you experienced this as well with the quality of your images. I am happy to hear you were able to upload them correctly after all. 

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

I've overall had a good experience with Constant Contact but this issue is getting really old. You guys need to update your recommendations or change how images are compressed when you upload. There really is no great option for maintaining image quality BUT I agree with @unad5. Somewhere around 800px wide gets the closest. I've tried every suggestion by Constant Contact multiple times and have only found it to degrade my uploaded images to a point of being unusable. I use this primarily to show portfolios and if image quality doesn't improve I'll be forced to look for other options. This was not an issue when I began using CC. 

Hi @CoreyN14

Thank you for trying the suggestions we give to help with uploading your images. I apologize you are still experiencing this loss of quality! This is something we are continuing to look into. Do you have an example of an image in your library this has happened with? Would you be able to help answer the questions our previous rep has mentioned in this thread? These questions being:

• Have you uploaded your image as preferably a PNG or a JPG?
  • Is your image at most 600 pixels wide?
  • If your image editor has an option to "Save for Web & Devices" or to "Optimize" the image, can you choose a resolution that shrinks the image's file size to less than 5MB?

Frankie P.

Visitor

What is frustrating about this (and the reason why you have numerous threads on the web trying to find a solution to this problem) is that the instructions CC gives on the site for how to upload an image just simply doesn't achieve the best results. I've been working around this problem for over 2 years now. 

To answer your question, yes I have flattened, optimized, saved as pngs and jpgs, made sure my images were not too small, made sure my images were not too large, etc. 

The best solution I have found to this is what the above user mentioned which is in opposition to what your site suggests. 800px wide gives the best results. Everything else looks depredated due to over compression, or if small files, stretching. To be honest, even when that is worked around the images are not as crisp as the originals. Sorry, it's just not a high quality process.

I have always appreciated the customer service that you guys provide and I appreciate your attention to this issue. I hope CC can figure it out. 

CTCT Employee

Hey @CoreyN14

Thank you for reaching out to us. I really apologize about the frustrations you have been experiencing with the image upload quality. Thank you for your continued patience and for sharing all that you have tried and what works for you! This type of information is perfect to send to our developers as feedback and product improvement requests! I will happily pass this along to them. Please let us know if you have anymore questions or great feedback! 

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!