cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop UP Inline code?

Occasional Participant

Pop UP Inline code?

I created a Pop Up signup form -- but when I click on those 3 dots -- there is no INLINE CODE -- where do I find the code for placement of my form on my website?  I've got the Universal Code -- but cannot find the INLINE CODE?

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Pop UP Inline code?

Hi @LukeM005

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I hope you're having a great weekend.

That's a great question. With pop up forms, you may install them without Inline Code. You only need the Universal and you plug that in the footer of your website. Here is an article about installing them, I hope that helps! Please feel free to reach out should you need anything else. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Tags (1)
Occasional Participant

So I just have to place the UNIVERSAL CODE, correct?    don't I need to put "https://constantcontact.com … "before this code? "src="//static.ctctcdn.com

How else will it know to pull from Constant Contact?

CTCT Employee

Hi @LukeM005

Yes! Just the universal code. The entire script there is what tells it to pull from Constant Contact and which form to pull. You don't need or want to add anything else to it. Please check it out and let me know if it anything isn't functioning appropriately.

Thank you!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

This is Constant Contact instructions located at (updated July 18, 2018) -- NOTE it references the INLINE CODE -- please explain why we don't need to put the INLINE CODE again?  and why the website states we do?  thank you! 

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/18053-activating-and-installing-you...

Universal Code:

1. Copy the Universal Code for your sign-up form.
  2. Open your HTML file in Dreamweaver.
  3. Scroll all the way down to the footer section of the code and paste your Universal Code before the </ body> tag.

Inline Code:

1. Copy the Inline Code for your sign-up form.
  2. Go back to Dreamweaver and decide where you want your form to display. Once you've picked a spot, paste the Inline Code into your HTML code.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

@LukeM005

When it comes to the Pop-Up Form specifically, you do not need to add the Inline Code. Inline Code is specifically for Inline Forms and allows you to choose the spot you want the form to display. You can click here to read more about Pop-Up Forms.

2018-07-22_9-56-34.pngI hope this helps! In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Taryn Leinweber

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!