cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressing Enter resets the font color, size and font

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Pressing Enter resets the font color, size and font

Please consider making it so that pressing Enter to break a paragraph or to insert some blank lines DOES NOT obliterate the font, size and color in each new line.

The work-around is to press Shift + Enter but pressing Enter should NOT require a work-around !

Best regards,

Sherman

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Pressing Enter resets the font color, size and font

Hello @ShermanK2. I'm sorry that this is happening for you. I would like to ask a few questions in order to find out how this started and how we can prevent it from happening again.

- Did this happen in one campaign or more than one?

- Was any of the text in the block copied and pasted in?

- Was this happening in every block in a campaign or just one?

If we could get any additional information about this issue, we can certainly continue to assist you with this.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

When a composer is in a text block, pressing Enter causes the next line to be (I guess) in the Default Text. That's WRONG. Pressing Enter should onlly make a paragraph break. If the composer wants to alter the text this should be a MANUAL setting change NOT a default setting change. When a NEW block of text is started, it's acceptable to have the default text setting imposed. Then, the composer returns to a previous paragraph, selects a word, pastes it into the new block, double-clicks the word and begins entering the new text.

Occasional Contributor

I was just trying out CC. So only one campaign. This (in my opinion) annoying manifestation occured in every new text block and every time I pressed Enter IN a block.

Yes I had to copy text from another block to recapture my text settings, paste this into the new block, double-click the copied word, and then write the text for the new block.

The workaround for what I consider an annoying BUG is this, DO NOT press Return in a text block. Instead, press two Shift+Returns. Still, there should NOT be a required work-around for the simple act of starting a new paragraph in a text block.

Hello @ShermanK2,

I am very sorry this is happening to you. The editor is designed to maintain font changes from paragraph to paragraph. I just ran a test in your account to see if I could replicate what you're experiencing and so far I have not been able to. I changed the font to different styles, sizes, and colors and would manually space after each paragraph and the format would hold. The only time it reverts to the default format is if the text is pasted. 

If I may ask, what browser are you using the site in? 

Have you tried working in another browser to see if the issue persists?

I also recommend testing the editor in Safe Mode/Incognito to see if it fixes the issue. The browser might have a plugin or extension interferring with the site experience.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.