cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Preview vs Actual.

Visitor

Preview vs Actual.

Why does my preview look different to my actual email? Boxes and text are often out of alignment.
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Preview vs Actual.

Hi @KerrieK2,

Thank you for reaching out to Community Support!  

Could we possibly get a little more information as to what you are seeing between the email and the preview?  What email client program are you receiving your preview test in?  Are you looking at the preview test on a desktop or a mobile device?  A screenshot of what you are seeing would be most helpful and would help us troubleshoot it!  Also, what is the name of the campaign are you having issues with currently?

Thank you!

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Tags (3)
Visitor

I do not have a screen shot, but the preview in CC appears differently on a pc (not just my pc). i.e. Word spacing is different and on separate lines at times, blocks are different sizes which makes everything out of alignment, positions of wording and images change.

Every campaign I send to my stockists list only half receive them. This is been only for a couple of years now. and I have addressed it before but with no resolution. I am looking at moving to a different company as I am paying a premium price for a substandard product.

CTCT Employee

Hello @KerrieK2,

Thanks for getting back to us!  I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing display issues in the emails you are receiving.  I would love to dig in and try to figure out what could be causing it. I have done some testing on the last few emails that you have sent and I don't see any major differences between the preview and what lands in my inbox.  If you could let us know what email client you are viewing them in, we would be happy to keep looking.

I'm not seeing the same deliverability numbers when I check your reporting, but I do have some articles on average open rates so you can see how you compare industry wide!

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.