cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Preview

All Star

Print Preview

I can't find a way to print a preview of my email. I need to get it reviewed by multiple people before sending, and there isn't a way to print it.
Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
CTCT Employee

Re: Print Preview

Hi @AngelaN68826,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. In order for you to print out the email campaign, you will need to have it sent out first. As a workaround you can either send a test email to the people who need to review it or you can live send it to yourself first and then go into the email campaign's stats page by clicking on the email campaign's title in the email campaigns listing page, and then clicking on the More option located to the top right of the email status page and select the Print option. For more information on how to print out the email campaign, please click here. Then, after it has been reviewed, you can make a copy of the email campaign and then schedule it out to your contacts. I do apologize for any inconvenience this process may cause. Please let us know if you need assistance with anything else!

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

This seems to be an unnecessarily clumsy work-around, especially since we used to be able to print an unsent email. Please consider putting that capability back in.

CTCT Employee

Hello @WFPC,

I'm sorry for the hassle with that workaround.  Printed emails often do not accurately represent how a person will see the campaign in their actual email client.  Side-bars, page-breaks, and other changes on the screen can cause rather large differences between email and printed format.  For review purposes, it would be more accurate to send a test email to those whose approval is needed, so that they can see the same thing that your actual recipients will receive, rather than the printed version which may have different campaign widths, moved line-breaks, and of course page-breaks.

I'm adding you to the feature request for printing options on a draft email though, so that the design team knows that this is a feature that people are still wanting.

Aaron_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
All Star

Thank you, Aaron. The reason I (and probably most folks) want the ability to print a draft is to give it to a proofreader, who can then mark up the paper copy for my review. I don't care about the formatting at that point.

Tags (1)

Hi @WFPC

You're very welcome! I can completely understand how helpful it would be to print a draft email  for proofreading. So thank you for sharing this feedback. While we do not have a time estimate on when a feature like this will be available, Aaron did successfully submit your feedback to the appropriate teams. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

It would be nice to know when you change something like that so we don't spend so much time trying to figure out what happened! 

Tags (1)
Occasional Contributor

I found that we're much better off proofing it after sending it out as an email test.  Many times the lines in the text come out strangely and we have to rearrange the length of the sentences, the spacing, the bolding, size, etc.  We would never have seen those problems by printing a draft because everything looked perfect in the draft.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

I agree with above comments--I have to print the email for my proofreader(s). It seems unnecessary that the print option has been removed.

Tags (1)

I used to be able to do this somehow using a simpler process.  If I can remember or figure out anew how I did it, I will post.  It would print out without colored background and so was easier to mark up for proofreading purposes.  I can still send myself a preview to check formatting,

I tried sending out a preview copy to myself but a preview mailing does not show up on the stats page.  If I send it our "live" to myself, I will not be able to use the same title with the "real" version.  It does just seem very cumbersome.  I appreciate that Aaron has forwarded the feedback on.  Maybe by now there is resolution.  Any developments since June 2918?