cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with reminder email

Regular Visitor

Problem with reminder email

Please see below at the subject line in the reminder email for one of my campaigns - Looks really bad. 

Paul B Martin, ESEP, CTT+

INCOSE Chesapeake Chapter

Communications Director (2019 - 2020)

pmartin@umbc.edu | communications@incose-cc.org

Cell (evening): 301-455-6476

============================================================

Dear INCOSE-CC Communications Director,

Your campaign 'Reminder: Now’s the time to pass the INCOSE SEP Knowledge Exam!' was sent on 4/23/2019 around 11:55 AM EDT.

Below is a copy of the message your subscribers received. See how your campaign is doing by visiting Reports in your account to get real-time results and stats.

==========================================================
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Problem with reminder email

Hello @INCOSE-CC,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!  I can absolutely see why that subject-line would be more than a little unacceptable.  I do see from the subject that it wasn't the direct email that was sent out, it was our message letting you know that the email had been sent.  Sometimes special characters (like apostrophes or any foreign characters) can cause some unusual problems, similar to what you've posted.  The good news, is that in the vast majority of cases, those extra characters aren't visible when viewed on a standard email client, as they are caused by various other automated systems misreading the subject-line.

If you open your account, and send yourself a test email of that campaign (either at your work address, or a home address) do you still see the same added characters?  If not, then you can rest assured that your clients did not see the extra characters either.  If you're still seeing it on the test email, please forward the campaign name and a reference to this post, to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and we'll look into exactly what's breaking that subject line.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!