cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using Safari?

All Star

Problems using Safari?

I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems trying to create emails using their custom code via the Safari browser? Every time I try to hit the Advanced Editor to insert my saved HTML I get a large page that has this:

<!-- If your HTML code DOES include the html, head, and body tags,
replace the entire code below with your custom HTML code.

Please note, if you want to use the Constant Contact personalized greeting,
make sure to add the <Greeting/> tag to your code. -->

<html>
<body>
<Greeting />
<!-- If your HTML code DOES NOT include the html, head, and body tags,
paste your custom HTML code between the START and END comments -->
<!-- START -->

<!-- END -->
</body>
</html>

Whereas if I use Firefox I have no problem at all. I'm just wondering. I'm using Safari 12.0.1 and the latest Mojave.

tom

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Problems using Safari?

Hello @TomR8926

Thanks for reaching out in the Community! Sorry to hear you're having issues with creating the custom code email in Safari. To answer your question Constant Contact does work with Safari. We haven't had other reports with the same issue. 

When pasting in your code, you want to be sure that all of it is between the start and end comments. Additionally, you may need to update your java to the latest version. 

Hope this helps!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

This solution was not helpful and the situation continues. We will use Firefox as a workaround. The coding is not the problem as all materials have been checked in Dreamweaver and used on other browsers and works fine. As for updating Java, this is something that is rarely encouraged by Apple.

thank you

CTCT Employee

Hi @TomR55

I'm sorry that this hasn't resolved your issue. I can submit your information to our advanced support team that specializes in custom code and see if they can find any issue that might be causing this. It will take them about 48 hours to get back to you. Please feel free to reach out should you need anything else. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a good day. 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!