cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding Links and Click-throughs

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Question Regarding Links and Click-throughs

Going over our email stats, I noticed that one linked performed significantly better than other links in terms of click-throughs. Upon further examination, however, I noticed that all of the users who had "clicked-through" had done so at the same time only several minutes after the email was sent. None of these users are affiliated with one another. None of the other link click-through stats show anything like this. The link in question was a sort of call-to-action to our contacts page.   

sametime.png

Is this a false positive, a bug, or something to do with a spam filter? Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Question Regarding Links and Click-throughs

Hi @CraigM69,

Great question! Sometimes we see this happen with the click-through reporting on a particular email campaign. The capture of the click-through is correct but the timestamp defaults to the same time the email campaign was originally sent. Unfortunately this is a third-party issue and not something that we are able to fix. We apologize for any confusion or frustration this causes, and I have forwarded feedback on your behalf. I can, however, confirm that the other stats that make up the click-throughs are recorded accurately in your reporting. I hope this helps!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.