DKeller
Rookie
0 Votes

Does our account offer the RSVP button?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @DKeller

Adding an RSVP Block to an email campaign is an Email Plus feature available in our 3GE templates. Your account has access to our Third-Generation Editor and is under our Email Plus billing plan. In fact, I took a peek at your account and can see you have tested a RSVP block in your most recent campaign. Please let us know if you have any further questions about your emails. We're always here to help!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @DKeller

Adding an RSVP Block to an email campaign is an Email Plus feature available in our 3GE templates. Your account has access to our Third-Generation Editor and is under our Email Plus billing plan. In fact, I took a peek at your account and can see you have tested a RSVP block in your most recent campaign. Please let us know if you have any further questions about your emails. We're always here to help!

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
GlennN7
Brand Influencer
0 Votes

Is there a way to get an email notification when people RSVP so we don't have to log into constant contact every day to check? Or is there a way to have the RSVP button link to a google calendar event?

Aaron_H
Employee

Hello @GlennN7,

Those are both feature requests we're currently tracking.  I'm adding you to the list of people requesting them.  If you think of anything else that could make our RSVP blocks (or anything else) better, please feel free to let us know!

Aaron_H

ladiesofcharitylaketravis
Rookie
0 Votes
I was very disappointed with the knowledge that the support individuals had about the RSVP buttons in the action block plus. It took at least 6 individuals to figure out that adding apostrophes in the response buttons distorted those emails which were not gmail. This set me back at least three days from sending my event email out. This seems very basic, but most of the support group did not know this. This was very frustrating. Each person was pleasant but I question some of their knowledge.
ladiesofcharitylaketravis
Rookie
0 Votes
I think you need a better tutorial giving these hints. Also, in the action block plus RSVP, the sample has the apostrophes which cause the errors and distorted the email invites.
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @ladiesofcharitylaketravis 

I apologize for the experience you've had with an RSVP Block. What email client and version is the customer viewing the campaign in? We have come across cases where apostrophes will be replaced with encoded text in Outlook. This is something we are still in the process of collecting more information on as we continue to troubleshoot. Though we do not have a time estimate of when this experience will be resolved, as a workaround we suggest not using contractions. It's also important to note there is a character limit and in some cases wording may need to be changed to fit. 

Frankie.P

VPI
Constant Contact Partner
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hi Frankie, 

This issue still persists and for many other users I know as well. Please find a way to fix this.

If it helps, it seems to only occur when an email with RSVP action blocks are opened in certain mobile browsers/apps and even iPad/Tablets. 

Thanks,

Renz

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @VPI 

Are you too seeing apostrophes being distorted? You mentioned your experience happens in certain mobile browsers/apps and even iPad/Tablets. Having these exact details are important information for us to have. What email client and version are these contacts viewing the campaign in? In the meantime, as previously mentioned we recommend to not use contractions.

Frankie.P

anallen
Rookie
0 Votes

I am tailoring the buttons to read differently from standard buttons and they are not showing-up when it is inserted.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @anallen ,

Can you elaborate on your issue, or provide screencaps of the issue? Are you having trouble dragging over an RSVP block? Or is your issue that the buttons aren't visible once inserted? Is the coloring for the RSVP blocks the same as your email's default inner background?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
AZC3
Rookie
0 Votes

Can you RSVP on soneome else's behalf? Like you can register someone for an event?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AZC3 ,

The RSVP buttons are associated with the contact originally sent to, so no you can't RSVP for someone like as an event. Even if the contact forwards the email, the RSVP will still be linked to the original contact that received it, meaning forwardees' clicks will reflect for that contact.

If you're needing to manually mark someone as interested in your RSVP, I'd advise exporting your email's RSVP report, and manually adding that contact to the CSV file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST