Re: Cumulative Did Not Open Report

SOLVED
Go to solution
WesleyB64737
Marketing Legend

So then the question becomes how to mass delete those names/emails that haven't opened in a while? My list is large as is the list of did not opens. I'm trying to figure out how to use spreadsheets to accomplish this but haven't had any luck so far.

I thought I could download all my contacts in one file and my did not opens in another and then use excel to combine them and then sort so that any contacts in both lists would be sorted as such. Then I could simply delete those lines and reimport the file as a new contacts list.

However, I can't figure out how to make that happen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Alex_S
Employee

Hi @WesleyB64737

I'm glad you've asked this question as a lot of our customers want this ability as well. With our new segments feature you can now isolate your contacts based on whether or not they have opened any of your emails. When you create the segment you'll want your criteria to look like this:

Did Not Open Report.PNG

For the date range, you'll simply choose the start date from approximately when you started your account through the current day. After that, you'll select save and preview. This will generate your Cumulative Did Not Open report for your account. 

Once you have your segment created, you will have an option in the top right corner with three vertical dots. Click those dots and choose add to list from the drop down. This will allow you to put those contacts in a list (my suggestion would be that you create a new list called "Did Not Opens" or something similar to that. Once you have the contacts from that segment added to their own list, you can select them all and delete them. 

Thanks!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Alex_S
Employee

Hi @WesleyB64737

I'm glad you've asked this question as a lot of our customers want this ability as well. With our new segments feature you can now isolate your contacts based on whether or not they have opened any of your emails. When you create the segment you'll want your criteria to look like this:

Did Not Open Report.PNG

For the date range, you'll simply choose the start date from approximately when you started your account through the current day. After that, you'll select save and preview. This will generate your Cumulative Did Not Open report for your account. 

Once you have your segment created, you will have an option in the top right corner with three vertical dots. Click those dots and choose add to list from the drop down. This will allow you to put those contacts in a list (my suggestion would be that you create a new list called "Did Not Opens" or something similar to that. Once you have the contacts from that segment added to their own list, you can select them all and delete them. 

Thanks!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
WesleyB64737
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

That's perfect!

Alex_S
Employee
0 Votes

I'm so glad this helps! Please reach back if you run in to any additional questions. 

We're here to help!

Alex S.

AndrewC2585
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

When you create a segment for contacts that "did not open" "last 5 emails", does it strictly mean the last 5 emails sent to them, or the last 5 emails sent from my account as a whole?

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST