cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Custom Fields issues

Occasional Contributor

When I try to make a custom field in the sign up tools, it doesn't allow me to actual edit the new field. It remains "custom field 1" on the actual live version that we send to people... which obviously makes the form confusing and impossible to collect the actual data we need for our organization. Please help!
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Hi @KalliW0,

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with custom fields. You can edit the name of a custom field from the Settings area of your account. Just click the icon for My Account in the top right and select My Settings. Then scroll to find Contact Settings and click Manage my custom fields: 

2016-08-12_14-28-19.png

You can only rename existing custom fields in this area of your account - you won't be able to edit the Field Name when you're editing an email campaign as it may break the code. When the custom field is inserted in the email campaign and functioning correctly, a very small dotted line will appear around the custom field. When you preview your email campaign, the custom field will display, but as the name of the custom field; the actual custom field information will populate only during a live send. You can make a copy of your email campaign and schedule/send it to yourself before sending it out to your contacts to make sure it's pulling the custom information correctly.

I hope this helps but please let us know if you need more assistance.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.