cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Drag & Drop Build Options Causes Uncontrollable Scrolling

Hi @SuzanneG2 

I'm sorry to hear you are unable to create your email as easily as you should. What type of computer are you working on (Windows, Mac)? Are you able to see the pink line indicating this new block? Is the line freezing at all? Having any details of what exactly you are experiencing will help with troubleshooting. In the meantime as a workaround you can double-click on a block to add it to the bottom of the editor, then use the drag and drop icon to the right of the block to drag where you want it.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Hi Frankie,

When the uncontrolled scrolling starts, it doesn't slow down enough to ever produce the pink line. I am using a laptop with Windows 10.  I have not tried the double click method - - will give that a try.

Hi @SuzanneG2 

Thank you for following up with these details! I have added it to the ticket created in your account for this experience. Please let us know if the workaround I've shared helps.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Valued Contributor

Suzanne, have you tried this recently? We had this problem for many months but just recently it seems to have corrected itself for the most part. Although Constant Contact was never able to replicate the problem, they do seem to have solved it.

All Star

Thank you, Julie.  I will give this a try!

Hi @JulieL34 

I'm happy to hear this experience has been fixed for you! As mentioned in this thread, we are troubleshooting any further experience other users may be having. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with as you continue to work in your account.

Frankie P.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I'm not quite ready to say it is completely fixed, Frankie, but have not encountered the problem for a while now.

And, I just want to say that we do NOT believe it was on our end, need to clear cache, etc. as it happened in multiple browsers across at least 4 computers. So I am hoping CC will stop giving that out as if it is a solution.

Also, I noticed quite by accident last night that CC is now making videos explaining why people should not want features that have been discontinued, which suggests there have been final decisions made about some of them. Perhaps you can help your colleagues get that information in sync with your stock answers in the community. Specifically I am speaking of anchor links and one other that I have temporariy forgotten. Just tell people it isn't coming back. If you lose customers as a result, it's better than dragging them along for many many months when you know full well a decision has been made.

For me right now, the biggest problem is the inability to achieve the features of what used to be done as a blockquote. It could be allowing padding on the left and right of a text block, maybe there are other ways to achieve it. Of course it can be done by custom coding, but that is no longer allowed either.

Thanks.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JulieL34,

Thank you for this feedback! You are correct, a lot of features have been removed completely from Constant Contact due to them not working properly or not being mobile responsive and we have replaced them with better working and mobile responsive features. 

We are glad that you have not encountered the problem in a while! You may also use our Custom Code option if you would like more customization features in the editor. Thank you! 

Zoe_H