cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Re: Emojis in the subject line

Occasional Advisor

This did work, and thank you.

However, my perspective on how long this took to solve, and the bug in the system regarding test messages, remains. If I don't see that CtCt is rolling out a fix in the next 30 days, I will move to a new vendor. 

Hello @JimDom. Thank you for your feedback about this. I apologize that you do have to take that extra step to schedule your email in order to fully test emojis in your subject line. I understand how you would want this feature to be able to be tested while still in a draft status. Once the email is sent to that test list, you would just need to make a copy of the email to send out to your contacts. We are constantly making updates to our products and I will be sure to submit your feedback about this new feature to our engineers, especially the ability to preview emojis in a test email.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Advisor

This should never have taken this long to solve, and I'm unhappy with the solution.

Your customers have made it clear in the public forum - this is high up on the importance list.

Because of the time to solve, and the amount of work I had to put into this, I am going to move my business in the next 60 days.

Hi @JimDom. I apologize for the experience you had when trying to insert emojis in your subject line and we would be sorry to see you go. We have submitted your feedback to the appropriate team regarding your request to have emojis show in a test email. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Cannot get subject Emojis to work.

Every time I copy an emoji from http://emojipedia.org/ It won't let me save it as a subject. I keep getting "Subject: Constant Contact does not support certain illegal characters. To continue, please change the following characters: 😍" Error. If I input as : football : (without spaces) it just shows up as text. What am I doing wrong?

EmojiError.jpg

Re: Cannot get subject Emojis to work.

Hello @LaurenT670. Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. It looks like you were using our second-generation editor to create your email. At this time, only our newest editor (called our third-generation editor) has the ability to add emojis to the subject line. I see that you spoke with our support team and they were able to upgrade you to this editor yesterday. Here is a link that shows you how to include emojis in your subject line and also some best practices

Caitlin M.

Occasional Advisor

And we're back to where we were in August. The links you have provided multiple times (https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/18742-add-emoji-to-the-subject-line...) contain generic information and do NOT address this ongoing issue.

You keep saying to use the third-generation editor. Supposedly I was upgraded to this in August. See attached screenshots. I used your Black Friday template and  your system is still throwing the same error message "Subject: Constant Contact does not support certain illegal characters. To continue, please change the following characters: πŸ’΅πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ’΅"

cc template.jpgcc error.jpg

I'm going to guess your own template was created with the 2nd generation editor. How can I search for just templates that will accept emojis? When will you modify all templates to accept emojis? Or is there something else wrong?

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

@JimDom

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I apologize you are still receiving the error message. I understand how important it is to customize your subject line. It appears from the screen shot you sent that the editor is in the 2GE. I was able to pull up your account and verify you do have access to our 3GE editor. Make sure you are not copying an older email that is in 2GE because it will remain in that version, and rather are creating a new template. I have verified in your account that the template you have chosen for Black Friday is available in 3GE. If you are starting a fresh template and it's still in 2GE, it definitely could be a browser issue. I would recommend a couple different things: clearing your cache or trying a different browser. I have attached a screen shot of what the template should look like in 3GE for you. I hope this helps resolve the issue! Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience. Please also let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

2017-11-19_11-40-00.jpg

Taryn Leinweber

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Frequent Visitor

Re - Emojis for Emails

When will Constant Contact allow emoji use in their email settings? 

CTCT Employee

Re: Re - Emojis for Emails

@JoH7

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! You are now able to use emojis in your subject lines when using our new 3GE editor. You can click here for more information and the steps for adding emojis.

If your account does not have the newest editor, please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and a reference to this post and we can get your editor updated.

Please also let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you and enjoy your weekend!

Taryn Leinweber

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.