cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: emails lists not showing up

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I'm having a similar issue, I think. I have a lot of contacts who signed up via an online form who seem to be showing up under the # category. When I choose this group (of 59 contacts) to send the e-mail out, it says I only have three contacts in the list. I want to make sure all 59 get the e-mail!

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1

Hello @NancyL851. I looked into your lists and saw that many of the contacts on the list you wanted to send to are marked as Temporary Hold. Here is more information about Temporary Hold contacts:

There has been an industry-wide attempt to add non-permission based email addresses to sign up forms on websites that lack verification such as CAPTCHA, including Constant Contact forms. While this is affecting all email service providers, we at Constant Contact have a new process in place to assist our customers.

These fraudulent sign-ups are the result of automated computer programs that locate signup form codes on websites for the intention of flooding someone's inbox with mail. Once located it will automate email address submissions into the form. These sign-ups can impact our sending reputation since some email addresses belong to legitimate people that didn't ask for the mail. 

A check has been implemented to identify for suspected email addresses that get added automatically to your account. If the address is suspected as part of this abuse, it is placed directly into the "Temporary Hold - Do Not Email" contact status. Since these suspected contacts are placed in the Temporary Hold - Do Not Mail, they are inactive and therefore not billable

We want to make sure that you are sending to contacts who actively signed themselves up to receive your emails, which is why we put the hold on those suspected addresses. If you do believe that an email address is valid and the contact does want to receive your emails, you can change their permission status

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.