cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: rotate image

Visitor

Can you tell me how I can rotate my uploaded picture? It was fine when I started the upload but for some reason all my pictures are sideways in my library.

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
CTCT Employee

Hi @VirginiaF69,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I reviewed the images in your library, but I did not see the images sideways. Are you looking in your Library through the desktop or mobile? Also, if an image does come up as sideways, you can edit the image and rotate it within the image editor. For access to our image editor, please click here. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Highlighted

Sorry, but those options are no longer present in the image editor, although they were previously.  The "Third Generation Image Editor" does not have an orientation option.

Hi @JeanneJ17

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!  Our previous response was based on the older image editor. While our image editor may have changed, it does still offer the ability to change the orientation of your image. You can do this by opening image in your library, then clicking on Image Editor in the bottom right hand corner of pop-up you receive. This will open to our newest image editor. If you hover your mouse on the right hand side of your image in this editor, you will see an option named Transform. This transform feature is how you can edit the orientation of your image.

2019-01-22_12-11-01.png

2019-01-22_12-08-10.png

2019-01-22_12-08-44.png

We have also updated our previous response to reflect this change as well.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

I tried rotating the image but it makes it look wide and unclear when I insert it into the newsletter. Unclear why a normal image is being uploaded with alternate orientation. kindly advise. 

Hi @ChrisC566 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your image! Seeing this change after rotating your image is something we are continuing to troubleshoot further. While we do not have a time estimate of when this experience will be resolved, we do have workarounds that can help in the meantime. Because you are still working in our older Second Generation Editor, one suggestion we have is adjusting the dimensions in your insert image overlay.

2019-02-13_12-04-30.png

The second workaround is using our "Fit to Block" feature for your image.

2019-02-13_12-03-19.png

Please let us know if either of these workarounds help!

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

The image will rotate as you've described, and it shows up as rotated on my screen... however it will not save! How do I fix this? how do I SAVE the rotated image in order ot insert it?

Hey @JanelleB34! In order to save the image, you will want to click the "Export" prompt in the top right corner of the image editor. This will save a new copy of the image which you can then insert into your campaign.  

Caitlin M.

I am working in the platform right this second, and I get NOTHING when I follow the instructions [change; edit; then I rotate image fine; hit 'export' ...nothing happens, it doesn't 'save' my rotated image...nothing...

CTCT Employee

Hello @FredP39,

Thank you for bringing this to the community!  I do see a few reports of some pop-up blockers, or other anti-adware type programs interfering with our image editor.  I've also seen a few reports of the edited images not showing immediately if your browser 'cached' the older image.  In general, switching to another support browser should resolve either of those problems.  If that doesn't work, it might be best to call us at the numbers listed here.  This is the kind of troubleshooting that might be very specific to your computer and settings, so talking with you directly would likely be more efficient.

Aaron H