cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Re-using old campaign titles

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Re-using old campaign titles

I have deleted old campaigns but want to use the same titles - only with different content. Is there any way to permanently delete old campaigns so I don't keep getting the message that 'that title already exists'? If I cannot do this, to be honest, it is a real limitation in your system, that, in my opinion, should be fixed. Thanks David Lutes
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Re-using old campaign titles

Hello @AuthenticChristianManager14 , 

Within your Constant Contact account each email needs to have a unique name.  At this time there is no way to permanently delete campaigns to then free up the name that you have used.  What we generally recommend if you want to keep the name similar for all of your campaigns is to keep the main title the same and add the Month/Year or the date to be able to differentiate them within the account.  For example you could use "Newsletter Sep 2014" or "Newsletter Sep 18 2014"  This way by adding the date you will be adding a unique aspect to each of the email names.  

Visitor

Not a solution, but a messy work around. Give us control, let us delete permanently.

CTCT Employee

Hello @SBRSBDC,

We completely understand why you would want to have more control over this. I will gladly submit your feedback on this over to our engineers to review. We can't delete permanently at the moment due to reporting. We want all of our customers to be able to see how they have improved over the years. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

Please, please, please give us a search button for former campaigns. I just spent 10 minutes clicking "View previous campaigns". Your gooey is so bad this time... i'm thinking of leaving you guys over this. What's the point of posting to the community if you don't change anything!!??
Administrator

Hello @LoriI21. I'm very sorry that you had to spend time looking through your campaigns. This is certainly something that our customers have requested and I am submitting feedback to our developers to see if this is something that can be implemented into accounts in the future. Have you thought about using folders to organize your campaigns

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.