cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Read More feature

Read More feature

Read More.PNGcc read more.PNGcc rm.PNG

When I send out my emails and include the "read more" feature, it shows the read more text with a hyperlink which is good but my issue is that it also shows our website url with a hyperlink even though it doesn't appear as a hyperlink on the preview. How can I get the hyperlink removed underneath the "read more" text so people don't accidently click on the link below instead of Read More?

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Read More feature - Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @ErikaE37,

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you. When you receive the email with the website appearing as a hyperlink, which email client are you using to open it (ex: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)

Re: Read More feature

Hi Ariana. When I open the email, I use outlook. I checked on my phone in my gmail and it didn't appear as a hyperlink.

Re: Read More feature

Hello @ErikaE37,

I took a closer look at the email and talked with our upper level support and it turns out that it is something we are unable to control, as it is Outlook recognizing it as a website and making it clickable for you. However, I think it would be a good feature request to be able to have control over what appears below the "Read More" so I have passed feedback to the department that handles this and will make sure it is tracked in your account. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.