cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Receiving an error when attempting custom report

Occasional Contributor

Receiving an error when attempting custom report

For the past two days I have been receiving an error message when attempting to export a custom report. When I click the "Export Report" button under the Reporting tab on the dashboard, I receive the message "There was an unexpected error while processing this page." I am able to export a Full Report without any issues, but I would like be able to use the Custom Report for the sake of efficiency. Any suggestions?

constant contact.png

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Receiving an error when attempting custom report

Hi @JodiF72

I am sorry to hear you are getting this error! We're aware of this and working to resolve it. For now, it's best to export the full report to get the information. I am happy to leave your case open to have you notified of a resolution if you would like.

Can you help with a couple pieces of information about the Event this is happening with?

- What is the name of the Event?

- Do you have guests turned on?

- Do you remember making any updates to the guest settings after your event was Live?

- Do you remember making any updates to the guest section of your Registration form?

Thanks, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for responding. The name of the event is "Health Sciences Fair". I do have guests turned on and the only changes I made after going live was changing the name of what the Guest Section was called on the registration form. It was origically "Additional Representative (if applicable)", I changed that to "Representative 2 (if applicable)". Beyond that, no changes were made.

Thank you for looking into this issue.

Highlighted

Thank you! I've left your case open to have you notified when this is resolved. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor

I would like to note that this issue has happened again on a different campaign of mine titled "Holiday Reception 2015". It is very inconvenient that if you go in and change the title of a field after the event has gone live that this prevents you from creating a custom report for the entirety of the event registration collection. There have been instances with both campaigns where I have had to change field titles to allow for more clarity for the registrants. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @JodiF72

Thank you for providing this additional information.  I have passed this on to our team as they are still working to resolve the issue. 

Occasional Contributor

Disappointed to report that this issue remains unresolved. I think it is safe to say that there will always be instances where edits need to be made to the registration pages and being unable to create custom reports after making a change should not be an issue. The current event I am attempting to create a custom report for is called Career Expo 2016. Please give this request serious consideration. It is making it very difficult to justify paying for a service where the main function I need it for does not perform as expected.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JodiF72

Thank you for passing along your feedback about this issue. At this time the team is still working to resolve this issue.  We do have you down to be notified once this is fixed.  

Occasional Contributor

Good day,

Is there a resolution to this issue as yet? I am having the same problem.

Thanks.

Hello @bfs. I apologize that this has happened to you as well. At this time, our engineers are still researching as to why this occurs for some of our customers. We do suggest doing a full export so you are still able to get the information that you need and then delete the columns that were not needed while it is open in Excel. I am tracking this issue in your account and the main contact email on the account will be notified if there are any updates. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.