Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered Guests removed from "non-responder" list/added to "registered" list

SOLVED
All Star

Registered Guests removed from "non-responder" list/added to "registered" list

Hello,

We have been using the Events feature for some time now to have people register for training classes. It has been working great! One thing I noticed is that people who are registered as a "guest" or additional attendee on someone else's registration will still receive the reminder emails that are sent to the "non-responders." Even though they did not register directly, they are still registered, so these emails can be confusing if they aren't expecting to receive them. Can there be a way to "mark" people as "registered" so they don't receive emails to the non-responders for an event? Similarly, when we email the "registrants," anyone who is added as a guest will not receive an email. I understand why (because that email address may not have given permission to receive emails), but, when an email address is already in our contact list, can we add it to the list of registrants? Right now, I am manually creating a list to add all registered attendees so I can send them an email with additional instructions - it's just not as quick as clicking the button from the event section and I have to open each person individually to add them to the email list. I just need a way to ensure that everyone who is registered (directly or as a guest) receives the additional information.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Registered Guests removed from "non-responder" list/added to "registered" li

Hello @AFSS.CalChiefs. Thanks for coming into the Community! I see you have a few different inquires so I'll address them separately. 

If a contact is registered as a guest under someone else's registration, the only way for them to not receive the non-responder emails would be to manually decline the registration. This would not remove them from being a guest under a different registration. See the screenshot below to see how to manually decline someone:

declineevent.png

Also, when you email event registrants, our system will not email the guests as well. If you wanted to send an email to the guests, they would have to be manually added to a list along with the event registrants, which is the process that you are doing right now. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Re: Registered Guests removed from "non-responder" list/added to "registered" li

Thank you!