cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Remove Unsubscribes from All Lists

Occasional Contributor

Remove Unsubscribes from All Lists

I keep finding unsubcribed contacts in my lists. I realize they will not receive an email if it is sent to the list, but they are still included in exports and total counts. 

1. Why aren't unsubscribes automatically removed from all lists?
  2. What is an easy step by step method to remove them? I tried uploading them to a separate list, but since they are unsubscribed they can't be uploaded to any list.

Please note I have over 2000 unsubscribed contacts in at least one list or more, so individually removing them is not an option.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Remove Unsubscribes from All Lists

Hello @lmoffat,

I am so sorry to hear you are experiencing this. This is an issue our upper level support is aware of and is currently working on a fix. I do not have a firm date on when the fix will be implemented but I have tracked the issue in your account for our developers to see. Thank you so much for your patience while we work to resolve this. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! I figured out a way to tag all the unsubscribed accounts, then search for that tag in my segmented lists and remove the unsubscribes that way, but it is cumbersome. A fix would be much appreciated. 

As part of this process I also noticed that we have a good number of duplicate email addresses which are listed as two separate contacts. I believe this may happen when we upload our various contact lists which may have typos or other errors, then later discover the errors and correct them directly in CC. It appears there's no mechanism to determine if the updated email address already exists in the account. 

Is that being addressed? We currently have over 200 duplicate email addresses in our account. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @lmoffat,

I am so glad you came up with a temporary workaround to manage your unsubscribed contacts, and I will be sure you are notified when this is resolved. As far as the duplicate email addresses in your account. I would like to look into this further for you if you could email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a few examples of the email addresses that are duplicated and a reference to this post? It is very possible that this is happening when contact lists with errors are then corrected. This issue is being addressed, but I'd like to be sure that this is the same issue you are experiencing to be sure.

Hayley L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Occasional Contributor

I just sent an email, thanks!