cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Removing Black Bars from 16:9 Video

Highlighted
All Star

Removing Black Bars from 16:9 Video

Hi, we are posting a YouTube video in our email each week and when we use the YouTube link it puts in black bars above and below the video (even though our video is 16:9 natively and does not contain these). I know we could manually save a preview image and put a play button on top in use that instead, but it's much quicker to just use the YouTube link. Is there a reason you force the black bars above and below every video? It's really annoying and since it's 2019 it seems like this should be adjusted to accommodate 16:9 video. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Removing Black Bars from 16:9 Video

Hi @LinnetteM 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize this is happening with the video in your email. These black bars being added to the top and bottom of your video thumbnail is an experience we are continuing to troubleshoot further. While we do not have a time estimate for a resolution, as a workaround we suggest inserting a screenshot of your thumbnail rather than using the video link feature.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.