Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming an email causes incorrect Time Sent value

SOLVED
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Renaming an email causes incorrect Time Sent value

This morning I renamed a previously-sent (yesterday afternoon) email to make it match the new naming system I came up with in the middle of the night. Now the Reporting page shows the Time Sent of that email to be the time at which I renamed it. I clearly have the "Your email has been sent" verification from yesterday with the correct date and time. All I did was rename it; I didn't re-send or do anything else to it.
(Sorry, I don't know where else to report a bug, so it goes here!)

Verification email verification.png

Report value wrong date.png

You'll have to trust me that these are the same, but if you're a CC support person I can prove it via screenshare.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Renaming an email causes incorrect Time Sent value

Hi @Anonymous

I apologize this has happened! I took a look at your account and was able to replicate this same experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, this something our upper level of support is troubleshooting further. While we do not currently have a time estimate of when this will be resolved, we have added you to a queue to be notified when it is. I also did want to mention that although the reporting page shows this incorrect sent date, the email details will show the correct sent date. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick followup! I can work around it as you mentioned - I do know when this one was sent, so will just manually fix it on my downloaded info.  Isn't the internet fun sometimes??

Hi @Anonymous

So sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing. I am however happy we were able to help answer your question. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with!

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume y'all have figure this part out already, but just in case - the incorrect value carries through to the downloadable report.

So good 

@Anonymous wrote:

This morning I renamed a previously-sent (yesterday afternoon) email to make it match the new naming system I came up with in the middle of the night. Now the Reporting page shows the Time Sent of that email to be the time at which I renamed it. I clearly have the "Your email has been sent" verification from yesterday with the correct date and time. All I did was rename it; I didn't re-send or do anything else to it.
(Sorry, I don't know where else to report a bug, so it goes here!)

Verification email verification.png

Report value wrong date.png

You'll have to trust me that these are the same, but if you're a CC support person I can prove it via screenshare.

Nhà thuốc Uyên Trang
CTCT Employee

Hello @user27345 and @Anonymous,

Thank you for the information! Hopefully we will have this fixed in our product soon. I hope you both have a wonderful rest of your weekend and thank you for using Constant Contact! 

ZOE/H