Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Click Throughs Vs Total Click Throughs

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

Report Click Throughs Vs Total Click Throughs

Why are the click throughs in the email reports different from the total click throughs for email links?

In my last email, the reports indicates that I had 996 clicks, but the total of unique click throughs is actually 1102.  I looked back at the last few emails that I sent, and the numbers are not the same on any of them.  

What is the different between the total clicks and the unique click throughs?  

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Report Click Throughs Vs Total Click Throughs

Hello @YMCABN , 

If you are looking at your overall reporting and seeing the number of clicks within your email, this shows you the unique number of contacts who have clicked on a link within the email.  If you look at the Click Through Distribution, this will show you the unique people who clicked on an individual link.  If you add up the Unique Clicks for each of the links in your email you may have a number that is more than the number of clicks that shows on the reporting tab - like your example.  996 was the number of contacts that clicked on links, while 1102 shows us that of the 996 contacts that clicked within your email, some of them are clicking on more than one link causing the increase number when looking at each link individually. 

I hope that this helps to clarify these numbers a little more.  If you have any questions, please let us know. 

Occasional Organizer

Thanks so much for your response! This definately clarifies things for me! 

Honored Contributor

You're welcome!  I am happy to help.  

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!